Monday 1 November 2010

Science Reflection

I think my grades on the Ecological Issue Essay and the Biome in a Bottle Lab Report were really good, especially the Biome in a Bottle lab, because I was surprised that I got the highest grades in each Criteria, same for the Biodiversity Essay, I got really good grades on that probably because I used a lot of information that, for example, someone else wouldn’t. I did really well, however, for the Ecological Issue Essay I think I could have used the appropriate bibliography format (MYA). I didn’t use that format, maybe that’s why my science teacher gave me a lower grade. I’m pretty satisfied with the grades I got for these reports.
I can improve on taking more notes, and jotting down new facts in my notebook, instead of writing down everything that says from the internet (Not immediately copy pasting, though.) If I used notes, it would be easier for me to remember what I have to write in my essay. Writing down notes is a rough draft of a real done essay. Why? Because you have all the information for your essay, then all you have to do is write it in paragraph form, and WALLAA!
I thought that these essays were great, and really fun to do. The Ecological Issue Essay was a great experience to learn the issues of Biodiversity, and what it is, the causes of it, how we can help, etc… When I first heard that we have to write an essay, I wasn’t really happy because I thought it would be hard and boring. But while I was doing the research, I was so interested in hearing what is happening to the
variety of species living in one big or small ecosystem. Same for the Lab report, it was fun, and I enjoyed experimenting and learning how the plant can grow, how long it needed to grow, and what it needed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment